Raising Nats Fans

Raising Nats Fans

Friday, March 8, 2013

Home (Five Minute Friday)

Is it Friday already? Yes, yes it is.  That means it's time to set my timer, spill out a few thoughts on whatever has been on Lisa-Jo's heart, and run headfirst into my weekend. 

Here's how it works:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!  (WOO-HOO - I just learned how to do this!)

Ready?  The word of the week is
HOME


Go.

There's a well known saying in the world of Army life:  "Home is where the Army sends us".  I'm not an Army wife anymore, so I've adapted it - better fit to my world now as "Home is where the Father Leads Us". 

The journey I've been on - the places I've been and the houses / apartments / dorm rooms I've lived in over the years - they've all done their part to change how I create a home in whatever place I land.  But they key difference in the two thoughts above...

the Army sends us. the Father leads us. In the world of Uncle Sam, you don't get a choice - you listen, you read orders, you pack up (time and time again) and you plant yourself in the destination where the Army needs your husband's skill.

In the world of following Jesus, He calls you to where you should be to serve Him. BUT He doesn't MAKE you go. He extends an invitation - you choose to follow.  He offers a choice, but you get to accept or reject it.  [Can you imagine telling the Army - gee, thanks, but I'm not really into moving my kids to Fort-middle-of-nowhere-away-from-my-family-for-the-5th-time-in-10-years?  They'd laugh at you as they put your stuff on the truck]

Jesus just holds out His hand, invites you to come along. Whispers in your ear "hey, check this out... what an adventure I have planned for you over here. Come along with me - you will be so glad you did."  In the end, if we choose to follow, the home is right where He led us all along, but we're doing it with encouragement and joy instead of kicking and screaming.

Stop.

8 comments:

  1. So true, home takes on a whole new meaning when we follow God's leading.

    (visiting from Lisa-Jo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, home is different with God's leading...great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, so good! Lookie here - I can tell you how good it is, too! :) So glad you made this leap and shared these wise, wise words friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, friend! Thanks for hopping over here. And foe encouraging me to write. Can't wait to spend some more REAL time resting with you.

      Delete
  4. Jen...this was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I loved the picture you painted in noting the difference between the Army and the Father and yes...He gives us the choice, allowing us the joy of serving Him. You blessed my heart with your words and once again I'm so glad you're part of the FMF community! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sweet Rachel. I am so blessed that the Lord put us together to be friends. Can't wait to see what Lisa-Jo has us tackling today.

      Delete