Enough of that - I'd better just write or it will already be next week. HA!
IMAGINE
"Mama, I don't want to go to kindergarten teacher day. They might make me DRAW A WALRUS!"
"Mama, can we have a First Ladies dinner tonight? It's your turn to be Betty because you are in green. But remember I'm Rosalyn even though I am not in blue."
"Mama, we played with the babysitter and walked to the fountain and we pretended we were Egyptian princesses. And we went to the well. And I might be Nephertiti".
"Mama, do you see our imaginary Nationals friends we are pushing on the swings? Now Ryan Zimmerman is going to play tag and I will catch Ian Desmond." "Not me, mama, I play with Gio instead".
All out of the mouths of my girls - their imaginations run wild. Hither and yon, through all kinds of fascinating adventures. I love how having these precious girls keep my imagination fresh. I love First Ladies' tea parties, and dinner parties. It's delightfully fun to imagine what it would be like to have been at a dinner - all dressed to the nines - meeting with bigwigs and representing America and small talking with a princess.
When we do it in my house, it's just as much fun - or MORE - because when we spill spaghetti sauce on a ball gown (or a T-shirt we're pretending is a ball gown) it's easy to toss it into the washer and there is no embarrassment. Only giggles and grins. "Mama, you KNOW a first lady doesn't slurp and spill her spaghetti.!" But here we do.
Stop.
![]() | ||
| our "First Ladies dinner table". | Yes we use the good china. That's what it's here for. |
![]() |
| "Barbara" (left) & "Rosalyn" |
![]() |
| "Grace" and "Barbara" |
-----------
Posting as a part of Five Minute Friday, courtesy of Lisa-Jo Baker. Where we write, post, and love on the person who posted prior to you. For 5 minutes, edit free, critique free. .



You are awesome! That is all. :-)
ReplyDeletethanks, Becky! We'll have to have M up here to have a tea party with us!
DeleteFirst Ladies tea parties might be the most creative thing I've ever heard of! I agree with Becky. You are awesome! Those are some lucky kiddos.
ReplyDeleteHopping over from Desperate Homeschoolers link-up and looking around a bit.
Tina @ Mommynificent
thanks, Tina! I have found it useful to help them get their presidents straight, too. We learn everyone by their famous first ladies.
DeleteSo nice to see you over here.
Did your girls end up writing about "imagine"? I can't find theirs, but am looking forward to hearing their thoughts. Hope they join us again soon for FMF Kids' Edition!
ReplyDeleteTina @ Desperate Homeschoolers
coming soon! You'll find I am a habitual late poster. Try to always get to it, but am sloooow. I don't usually write outside of FMF, so it's a learning curve over here. I LOVE reading your kids' writing. Coming back for more this week!
Delete