Raising Nats Fans

Raising Nats Fans

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fight (Five Minute Friday)

Once a week, I join this fantastic group of brave writers for a 5 minute writers' flash mob. We get a prompt. We write. We share. We link. We love on each other. It's fun.

I get behind. Some weeks I miss altogether. Some weeks I write right at midnight. Whatever works. It's not about being just right. It's about just writing.

So this week I will write last week's post, miss the link up (because it closed 15 minutes ago), and then I will write again at midnight for the new word. Because tonight I have the energy of a toddler after eating a bag of m-n-m's.

The rules are simple.
1. set your timer, and write for 5 minutes flat. No editing, back-tracking, or overthinking.
2. Link up (yeah, not happening when I am this late)
3. Leave a comment for the one who linked before you. And maybe some others, too. It's all about the community here. Get into that.

Go.

Fight seems a pretty bold word to start off the new year. I'm headed on a journey this year, and fight doesn't seem to fit. At first. Then I realize - I am going to have to fight EVERY day to do this journey. To be deliberate where I spend my time. Fight against the media pull. The social media pull. The "I don't know if my coach is leaving or staying and why can't someone tell me and why isn't there news and why are there 5 million tweets about there not being any news." Fight to get out of all that mess. And just get where I need to be. So tonight, I let the kids stay up a few minutes late. And we read one extra Christmas story - a new one. "The Snow Angel". And right in there I saw myself. And my kids. So I will fight tonight, and every night, to make that time with them. And be thankful for it.

Stop.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts! Thank you for the reminder that my time with my children is precious and I need to think about how I choose to spend that time. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete