Raising Nats Fans

Raising Nats Fans

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Cupboard (Behind the Scenes)


Welcome to Behind the Scenes, the link up hosted by Crystal, where we share real life. Behind every perfect picture there's a story - what REALLY happened that led to the cute photo.

Or in this case, the "look how clean my cupboard is" photo. This is under my sink. This morning at 6:30am. While the girls and I are getting lunches packed and breakfasts made and backpacks ready.

"It's empty?" Oh, hmmm. You noticed that, did you? It's not usually empty. Or clean like this. Well, I can't even say it's clean because I am not quite done.

This morning I went under there to get a new trashbag. And discovered that my dishwashing soap - the giant Costco sized bottle of Palmolive - yes the GREEN gallon sized one - had tipped over. And leaked. ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Well, really I guess it could have been tipped over since earlier than last night, but I'm trying to convince myself that I must have knocked it over last night when I put the windex away.

So, there was a very sticky layer of green liquid soap over the whole bottom of the cupboard. Gross. Clean, but gross. I've never been more thankful that I keep most of the stuff under there in plastic buckets - so I needed to wash the bottom of the cabinet and the bottoms of all the bins, but other than all my remaining dishwashing soap being spilled, I didn't really lose anything.

It may, however, smell like Palmolive in my kitchen for the next two weeks. Or longer.
And - my cabinet is nice and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment