Do you see a pattern emerging? I do. Write oh-so-very-close to the deadline. But it's still in. So that works.
Welcome to the very-very-late Five Minute Friday that gets written 2 hours before the new prompt arrives. =)
It's fast. It's easy. It's fun. And yet I am late. That's life. You can read more about our Five Minute Friday community over here. Link up and write with us.
GLUE.
I like glue. It's permanent. At least when compared to tape, rubber cement, thumbtacks, nails, etc. So when I try to repair something, if it's a repair I want to last - or something I treasure, then I fix it with glue when it breaks.I could throw it away, or I could work at it and glue it back together.
I envision that's how Jesus heals us. It takes some time and effort. But something of value is worth the time and effort, don't you think? Think of a vase. A treasured vase. The Lord refers to us as vessels. If a vase breaks, you can't tape it back together. Instead, you dig out the super glue. The crazy-stick-your-fingers-together powerful glue, and you fit each piece together one at a time. You put glue on both edges, and then you hold it until it sets. And then you move on to the next piece.
Just like the Lord takes my broken self - mistakes and hot temper and exasperated moments and all my messy dramatic sobs - and He patiently puts me back together with the good glue. To transform me into a vessel He can use.
Stop.
I love your tardiness! Your rushed post is well written and was right on time since Lisa Jo put the prompt up only a few minutes after you posted! God is amazing. He really is the Glue that holds us together. I was laughing looking at names of Jesus.. Lord, Saviour, Alpha Omega, Jehovah, etc I wonder how He perked up when he heard that hundreds of us were comparing the good Lord with glue and in a good way! So yes, Jesus, my God, my Saviour, my Alpha and Omega, my Glue!
ReplyDeleteI like that "the good glue". God does have the best glue! I was late too. Like two weeks. Glad it's done at least! http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/2014/04/glue-5-minute-prompt.html
ReplyDelete