Raising Nats Fans

Raising Nats Fans

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Friend (Five Minute Friday)

Catching up again after a long week. With enough time to spare that I am not nervous the link will be gone when I get there. It's this (last) week's edition of Five Minute Friday. Late posters always welcome. Because that's what friends are for, right?!

1. find the word and write for 5 minutes. raw, unedited, typos welcome.
2. link up over here with the crew
3. The unbreakable rule: visit the link before yours and leave a little love on their post

FRIEND
I have been blessed with some amazing friends in my life. Some who have been here for only a time and some who have been here from the time they showed up (or we were thrown together) and have stayed on the scene. We don't always live in the same places, or the same time zones and we never get together as often as I would like. But these are the gals I go to immediately when I have a crisis. A question. A "you won't even believe what just happened" moment.

The first ones I called when I learned my marriage was over. The ones who held me, or listened to me cry it out or scream it out or whatever words I had to share for the entire several year long process where I tried to hold it together. The ones who helped me start over.

The ones who even now will stay up all night and we'll laugh and share stories. The ones who call when it's been too long and who never let it get REALLY too long in between. The gals who open their homes. Who embrace the crazy - every kind of crazy - and who love my kids like adopted aunts.

The ones who schemed with me about school spirit missions and the ones who asked me to pick orange m-n-ms out of their wedding party bowls. Every one of them is like a sister to me, and their friendship is something I'll forever be thankful for. From Seattle to Nashville; Delaware to DC; and every which way in between, you ladies are my core. My inner circle. My chosen family. And I love you.

Stop.

PS ... YES! I stuck to 5 minutes this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment