This isn't an easy post to write... the big ones never are. I have been wrestling with a decision for close to a year, and The Lord has finally made it abundantly clear what the new path should be. Honestly, at first, I didn't like the answer, so I resisted the change. I continued to ignore the gentle hints. I plowed ahead. But there comes a time when you just need to listen. And obey.
It has been our privilege and pleasure to serve with our friends at Temple Baptist Church for more than 10 years. Friends, you have supported our family through the depths of despair and on our hardest days. You have rejoiced with us in our best moments of celebration. You have cried with me, held me, brought us meals and studied God's Word with me. You have loved my children and watched them grow. You have changed their diapers and wiped their noses; held their hands, taught them about Jesus. You have sung with us, laughed with us, played with us. You have been an example to us. And most importantly, you have prayed - both with us, and for us, every day. I can never thank you enough for being a part of our family, and for providing, with the Lord's help, just what we needed, exactly when we needed. it. We are forever grateful.
It is with mixed emotions that I say farewell to you all - the Lord has called us to serve elsewhere, and to grow in this next chapter of our lives in a different church community. We are excited for this new opportunity - the next step in our family's journey - but please know that we love you, and we are so glad to have had this time with you. We aren't moving physically - so we will still be around. Don't be strangers. We still want to see your smiling faces.
Love,
Jen, S & A
No comments:
Post a Comment