Raising Nats Fans

Raising Nats Fans

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Keep (Five Minute Friday)

I hope this even posts. Blogging on an iPad is a challenge. But need to get some words out. Because I love the word keep. The first thing I always think,of when I hear the word keep is my dad.

My maiden name is Kamin (pronounced like the Cayman Islands). Dad used to be an elected official. And after the first campaign he won, every election after that the slogan was "Keep Kamin". Pretty catchy, very simple. Great on yard signs. In fact a friend in high school used to call me "Keep" as a fun nickname.

A few years ago my mom & dad's house flooded in Hurricane Irene. We had to clean out everything. One of the treasures we found in the garage was a stack of old campaign signs. My kids were born long after dad's days in elected office were finished. My oldest saw the sign while we were cleaning and said "who's keep?" So we explained. She loved the alliteration. "Mom! The K and the K match! That was smart!"

And now whenever we go visit she remembers. "Mom. Remember when we had that big dumpster in Nana's driveway and we saw Grampy's fun sign? Maybe we could put one in our yard mom"

So, to whomever came up,with the slogan 35 years ago, thank you. Because we're very glad  that we get to Keep Kamin even though his public service has ended.


PS when get access I'll upload a picture of the kids and the sign

Linking with Kate at the Five Minute Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment