Raising Nats Fans

Raising Nats Fans

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Plan (Five Minute Friday)

I totally missed writing 2 weeks ago. And am squeaking in for last week with about an hour to spare.

Considering how well I plan other stuff, this is a habitual epic fail in how I plan to spend my time. We are in the midst of a big (to us) plan right now! In 8 days we leave for Spring Break. This year we are doing a 2-part road trip to visit some family friends in a few different cities. We will go to Blacksburg. There are some dear, dear college friends of mine. They have 3 children, the middle one who is the same age as A. We will get into some mischief, catch up on happenings and hang out with all our littles. I hope to explore the area in which they live from the perspective of the kiddos, so that way we all learn and no one is overwhelmed with too much stress. Late nights chatting over a cup of tea. (and one night of a fantasy baseball draft. Because spring break is very close to the start of baseball season.) I wonder what they will think as I mumble under my breath for the 2 hour draft with my Nats-friends league. I guess we will soon find out.

Part 2 is the trek to Nashville. There my girls will get to see Vanderbilt for the very first time. Including a baseball game (YEAH!) where we can see the updated stadium (I have not been to a game since I graduated. Way too long) and maybe we can see the National Championship trophy and we can all cheer for my the VandyBoys. We will meet new friends (hello twitter buddies). We will be staying with one of my best friends and her family. They have 2 girls, a bit younger than mine, but we will get to hang out and explore the zoo and maybe the science center. The girls will also get to see my friend in her dance recital, which seems to be the greatest anticipation for them.

Bonus: we have a new (to us) car with a free trial of XM radio, so between the books on tape from our local library and the channels available, we will not have to encounter the radio purgatory that used to plague me on my drives from NJ to Nashville when I was a student. JACKPOT!

With a week to go until we depart, now we are just planning our packing lists and then we will be out the door. (and all the girls cheer YEAH!)

Stop.

Linking with Kate and all the FMF friends.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, from FMF. Sounds like you have a great trip planned to Nashville! Praying your plans go well as planned, but if they don't praying for opportunities to see His hand in it all!

    ReplyDelete