Here's from my girls this week.
5 yo (A). She dictated and Mommy typed. Full disclosure - they asked me to read my post before they wrote. So A tied onto my last sentence. And we're at the beach - who wouldn't have sand castles on the brain? :)
I like going to build sand castles and swimming under water when Mommy puts her hands under water so I can swim for them. I like jumping in the pool with S and jumping in the waves and pretending to surf and pretending to jump into Uncle Jeff Juice in the pool and Mommy catches me.
Present is like a dream that I want to have my own desk that fits in my bedroom.I like watching the sand castles when Mommy puts them down near the waves and I like smashing my own sand castles.
And stop!
8 yo (S). She types herself on the iPad and still wants to stop at 5 minutes even though she has more thoughts. I told her she could continue. She said, "Mom that's not the point of the timer. So I will stop this week because it's vacation. And don't correct my spelling error. Just tell me for next time." The word is EXCITED.
Present
When I think of present I think of a gift. When I think of a gift I get really exisited .
----------------------------
The skinny on the kid's edition of Five Minute Friday, brought to you by the lovelies at Desperate Homeschoolers
What is Five Minute Friday kids' edition?
Every week for over two years, hundreds of people have been joining a kind of writing flash mob over at lisajobaker.com,
writing on a one-word prompt for five minutes and posting what they've
written without prettifying it first. When I decided to join up with
them, I thought it would be fun to include my three daughters. It seemed
like a great journaling activity, and since they are always asking me
if they can put things on my blog, I told them I’d take pictures of
their work and post it here. After doing it for a few weeks, several
people commented that they'd like their kids to join, so, with Lisa-Jo's
blessing, we decided to host a Five Minute Friday Kids' Edition link-up right here.
Do your kids want to play along? Well, here's this week's link up.
It’s easy to join in, just:
- Check what the prompt is on Lisa-Jo's blog.
- Have your kids write and/or draw a journal entry in only five minutes on that topic. Some people have their kids dictate while they scribe for 5 minutes New Rule: if children want to keep writing, don't stop them..
- Take a picture or scan their paper, and post it on your blog. If you don't have a blog and want to participate, please comment below and we'll get in touch about what you can do.
- Link up your post here and invite friends to join in.
- Select the permalink to your post. (This needs to be the link to your actual post, not to your blog itself or your homepage.)
- Using the linky tool at the bottom of this Five Minute Friday Kids' Edition post, enter your link. It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky.
- Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday Kids' Edition link-up.
- Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you by visiting their post and commenting!
- We'll be joining with Lisa-Jo's most important requirement for participation: "There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community."
Sweet girls, I always love reading your five minutes of thoughts! Thank you so much for sharing! Hopefully, I can get my girls on to comment tomorrow! Have fun at the beach, and build a sandcastle for us!
ReplyDeleteTina, the mom from Desperate Homeschoolers
thanks, Tina! My girls are away. Can't wait for them to be back so we can share yours. I will go post over there, I especially love your oldest's comments this week on belong!!
DeleteThat sounds really nice. My favorite part was about having a desk in your bedroom because I would like one too! I get excited about presents too!
ReplyDeleteMaggie from Desperate Homeschoolers
thanks for reading, Maggie! I am headed over to write on your post. I loved it!!
Delete