Welcome to Five Minute Friday. Where we follow 3 easy rules and join a big crowd of friends doing the same.
1. Find the word of the week and write for 5 minutes. No edits, typos welcome. Just write.
2. Link up here with the crew.
3. Build the community - encourage a heart - by visiting the post before yours and leaving a comment.
That's all. Come and share with us.
This week's word: LAUNDRY
Confession: I have trouble getting laundry done from start to finish. Ever since the world of single motherhood became a piece of my story. Because I use my bed as the staging zone to fold.
Wash - no problem. Dry - no problem. But fold ...and put away? Well, I've always used the bed. When there's two people in the bed, it necessitates being finished before bedtime. Folding and putting away has never been my strong suit, even back to college days now that I think about it.
But with no one on the other side of the bed, and tired, weary mama bones at the end of a full day, it's now all too easy to shove the pile to the other half of the bed and just crawl in my side, with a thought of "I will do it tomorrow."
Except tomorrow I am tired at the end of the day, too. So the mountain grows. And some days the girls and I giggle as we dig through the pile. MOUNTAIN. Mount Washmore, we like to call it. Looking for that pair of pants that my 5 yo is INSISTENT on wearing TODAY. RIGHT NOW. Even though she has eleventy-seven pairs of pants. And it's 85 degrees. She wants those. And she's willing to dig for them, so I let her.
We're moving (close by) at the end of November. And the laundry will be in the basement, it looks like. Maybe that will be the catalyst to change my pattern. I can fold it downstairs before I bring it up to the room.
Or ... maybe not. But a girl can always dream. A habit can be changed, one load of laundry at a time...
Mount Washmore ...I love that! And eleventy-seven pairs of pants; now that's a lot. Enjoyed your post for FMF.
ReplyDeleteGreat to be your neighbor, as well! Even if it's only in blogland. Great post, good luck with the laundry in the basement ... I had it that way while raising 3 kids and a table was my bed. Hardly ever folded and put away. Out of sight out of mind ;-)
ReplyDeleteGod bless!