It's Thursday. So I am late enough that I missed the link up altogether. BUT I committed to trying to do this every single week. So I will write without linking, though you can read the other lovelies here. And then maybe I will write again in a few hours. On time for the new week. Or maybe not.
Five Minute Friday, where we follow 3 easy steps and just let it all out there.
1. Find the word, write for 5 minutes flat - no edits, no overthinking, no backtracks. Typos welcome.
2. Link up at Lisa-Jo's place.
3. Read the post before you and leave that brave writer a little love in the comments. It takes a lot to toss your thoughts out in the internet world and share them for others to see. Help a friend feel heard.
Ready? Go.
ORDINARY
We don't do ordinary here. Ordinary, to me, implies without excitement, or without deviation from the general expectation of something. Here? Can't tell yuo the last time that happened.
We do crazy. We do fun. We do love and laughing. We do crying, and anger and hot mess of drama. 3 girls: 37, 8 and 5. And a couple of "underfooting" cats. (That's the 5yo word for always wrapped around our ankles making mama trip in the kitchen).
We do early mornings and late nights, and movies when we should be sleeping. We do ice cream for dinner - because that's how mama makes it OK to get an ouchy flu shot that mama can't even have herself. We do homework and crying over homework we don't understand.
We do playing with little tiny toys that leave tiny shoes in mama's bed to make it hard to lay down. We do giggles and make-your-own-bubble-bath mix.
We do baseball and rain delays. And cheering. And crying over traded players. Even players the team only had for 3 days.
We do everything with gusto. We never hold back. We do verse memorization to help us learn and grow - and for recall when we all need it after one of those anger lash outs.
We do grace. We do forgiveness. We do a mixed family, of mama, 2 kids, 2 cats, plus daddy, stepmom, brother and a dog that live 2 miles away. We do traveling and adventures. And we do moving. More often than we want.
But ordinary? I don't think so. Not in this house. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
STOP.
PS: Lisa-Jo mentioned this was a repeat word. I didn't think I'd been writing long enough to repeat. But apparently I have, WOOT! So, for the record, the last time we DID have an ordinary day, I actually wrote about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment