Now, for my non-Friday Friday post - 5 minutes on:
BRAVE
This weekend I walked in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. 39 miles, 2 days. Full of inspiring people, friends, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children. All walking for - or with - someone they knew, or wish they'd had a chance to know. Lots of stories, lots of personal journeys.
But the bravest walkers of all - and the bravest non-walkers for that matter - for some of them crew, and some of them just cheer and some of them are present in spirit only - are the survivors. The men and women who battle breast cancer day-in and day-out. The ones who fight to get up in the morning. The ones who battle chemo, and radiation. Reconstruction and side effects. Drugs and sickness. Tests and more tests. These souls who see the worst the disease can throw at them and fight back despite the longest odds.
These brave souls are why I walk. With hope that one day we'll be able to say we've beat it forever. I walk as they fight - to help them fight another day, or to help them have a home cooked meal along the way. To support a clinical trial that buys them a few more years - so they can see their baby grow up, or at least go to school. So they can live to walk with us. I met one lady walking this weekend - she is 27 year survivor. THAT is brave. For her, and all the others who have gone before, and who are yet to come: YOU are brave, and I am proud to fight for you and your loved ones - to give you another day in which to show us all your courage.
Stop.
*Note, another post all about the walk will be coming later.


Beautiful! So proud of you. One day I want to here the deep down why you walk, friend. Will be sharing this all over the place. :)
ReplyDeletethanks, friend!
DeleteHi Jen. I wrote my "Friday" post today, as well :)
ReplyDeleteWow! You have a great topic here. I love that you are walking for cancer and that you met so many survivors and fighters!! Thank you for sharing about these brave people. I am going to share your post!
Thanks, Sarah! So glad you can spread the word! Happy Friday!
DeleteWhat a beautiful picture of bravery! Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeletethank you, Becky!
Delete