The next installment in 31 days of Five Minute Fridays. You can see everyone who is participating here. You can see my other posts in this series here.
LIFE
I used to wonder why people would say "get a life" to me. Happened a lot as a sarcastic teenager remark, I think. It used to hurt my feelings, too. I would think "what a dope. I have a life. Can't you see that?!"
But really, looking back now, maybe they couldn't. Teenagers (and some adults for that matter) can't (or won't) look beyond what they know. What they like. So, to them, my days spent reading books or with the band, or (now) at ball games or the library ... these look dull. Time wasting. And isn't the point of life, to so many people, to be living it up? Fun, fancy, furious pace... ambitious. Perhaps at the expense of relaxing, enjoying, soaking it up. Or perhaps spent trying to achieve someone else's vision of fun.
Instead of finding your own way; finding what works for you. A few years later, I am finally comfortable with the life I have. No longer striving to be the perfect image of what someone else wants. But rather listening to my heart about what makes sense for me. For my family.
And ... that's why you'll most likely find me at the ballpark, or at the library, or exploring something new with my kiddos - so they can learn what works for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment