You can get the link to all my posts here.
VIEW
| from our selfie shelf |
I
discovered something this summer. My kids and I don't have the same
opinion of what makes a "good view" at a baseball game. We have a 20
game season ticket package, up in the "high seats". Come visit in
section 405 if you are in DC. I like the view from up there, but I
targeted the seats for reasons other than the view. We're in a row of 3.
(Kiddos call it "our seat pocket"). No one crosses in front of us
during the games because we are right over the entrance into the
section. There is an aisle seat for each kid and I am always in the
middle. There's a great railing behind us so folks don't step on us. My
little one also calls it her "selfie shelf" (See pic). We don't bother
anyone when we get up to go to the bathroom. No climbing on folks, no
drink spilling. No apologies for getting up 100 times. Which we
sometimes do. 
However, I love to be down close to the field. So, for the last games of the regular season, I splurged for some seats in the lower level. And the kids loved the final day because we sat with a friend. But on game 161, we sat just the 3 of us. And they were so disappointed.
"Mama when we are down here we can't SEE ANYTHING. That guy is too tall. Can I sit on your lap?"
"Mama, ANOTHER tall person got in that row."
"Mama, I can't see the ball. I can't see the peacock shadows on Anthony Rendon."
![]() |
| our view from the close seats |
Baseball is fun for them, but they prefer the eagle eye view. Where they can stand, and sit and see the whole field in play. Where they can get the big picture, and where they can follow the ball.
So, lesson learned. Share the awesome with the kids from the cheap seats that they adore. And save the "mom preferred view" for games when I go alone.
DAY 2 STOP.
![]() |
| the girls' preferred view up high |


No comments:
Post a Comment