Tuesday night I went out for BBQ here in Eden Prairie. Cute
little place called Baker’s Ribs. I’m away from home all week, and eating alone
most nights, so I was looking for comfort food. I found it in a way I didn’t
even expect. I had ribs, and they came with 2 sides. I got potato salad (yummy)
and the carrot salad. (you know, trying to do SOMETHING healthy when eating out
every night and needing comfort food. Carrots, yeah, that might work.
Turns out their carrot salad is the same recipe (or close
enough that I could not tell the difference really) as my mom’s marinated
carrots. We used to have them in the summer at home and I always loved them. I
think the recipe originated with my Nana. So Tuesday night, when I was far from
home, far from my kids, all alone in a strange city, and admittedly feeling a
whole lot sad, the surprise of the taste from home was my jackpot find of the
week.
Thanks, Baker’s for being a spot of home when I needed it
most. The ribs cured my hunger and the carrots saved my heart.
PS you can read all 31 days here
Now that IS a gift! Finding something in a restaurant that tastes like home! When I was gone for three weeks this summer, all I wanted was one of my husband's whole-wheat apple white chocolate chip muffins. No one's muffins came even close.
ReplyDelete