Raising Nats Fans

Raising Nats Fans

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Work (Day 13)

I wanted to skip this post. I love my job, but prefer not to think about work outside of my regular working hours. (Who am I kidding, I wanted to skip this anyway because I am - my own fault - behind and trying to reach day 16 in time to write tonight with the group)

So instead, I will tell you WHY I like my job. I am a project manager. So I get to organize things, corral people, point them in the direction of a common goal, and cheer (loudly and sometimes celebrate with cookies or fun dip!) when we reach the end. In short, I get to be bossy in a nice way and throw parties. It works for me :)

I have a super team of folks that make me laugh and teach me a lot. It's an environment that encourages learning and helping people improve. We serve a wide variety of clients. We serve a vast array of internal product & service teams. I learn something new every day. I laugh most days - some days a great deal. I occasionally want to pull my hair out, but I do that at home, too.

I'm thankful to work in a place where people care about each other as people, not just as co-workers. The team asks about my kids - and my baseball team. They share personal stories and they all give generously of their time outside work to help make the world a better place. I am so fortunate to like my job and the people I work with. This makes getting up each morning so much easier! (However, loving my job does not at all mean I don't look forward to Friday!)

STOP.

You can read all 31 days here.

No comments:

Post a Comment